Monday, February 20, 2012

Spearhead of the Chisholm Trail

One of the gals from my painting club gave me a whole box of unfinished wood projects (3-4 paper ream size boxes). We have no room so it will have to go to the shed. Thank goodness we have a shed. I will want to practice before I paint on anything. Anyone looking for a pair of candle sconces? This same lady is going to be my 'roomate' for the decorative painter's convention in Witchita this coming May.  We really didn't get much time to talk because she had to take here dog to the vet.

My painting club meets tonight. Tonight we have a cake decorating demonstration. Seems we will be taking the paints out of painting? So, today I need to forget painting and focus on the club.  Did I tell you that  I am going to the yearly convention for the Society of Decorative Pai;nter's  in Witchita?  It should be so much fun. I have already signed up for classes, gotten a approval for vacation time, and a room at the hotel lined up. However,I don't have my airline ticket yet. The convention is May 14-19.  I will have to practice my Glen Campbell impression (I am a lineman for the county).Or maybe Mel Tillis, but instead of "No one wants to go down to Tucson in the summer,"  I could say Witchita.

I did try to paint over the weekend but I was severely disappointed in the results. I  painted my deciduous trees at least five times, and made at least the same number of attempts to improve my rocks.  The trees don't look any worse, but as many times as I try, I don't seem to be able to improve. On the other hand, and my rocks are astonishingly bad. Maybe  I will get up the nerve to post this weeks failures, maybe not. My teacher says we go through periods where nothing turns out when we go through growth periods, but she could be just trying to make me feel better.

I was also disappointed in the way my acrylic pears turned out.  I have not tried to re-paint yet, but I thought about them while I was trying to paint trees and rocks. I did  talked Paul into buying me a couple of pears when he goes grocery shopping today. So, I could look at them while I paint. Not sure it will help, but it can't get any worse.

I had a mammogram this morning Feb 20, 2012. I am adding this to this posting, because I never remember when I had my last exam. KP has a mobile unit that comes right to my building. You don't even have to schedule you just walk in at your own convenience. I asked the tech who drives the truck and she said they do and they had to a class C license.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're reaching a block in your painting. On the plus side, the mammogram truck looks really cool! I had one last year, but am now overdue, I believe. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete