I have painted a few thing this last year, but I have not posted. I am going to post today, so I can track my progress. This is not the best, or the worst. It is what I have not yet put in storage, which means there are a lot of unfinished items.
This first painting is unfinished. It will be columbines, Because water color is done in stages I wanted to show how difficult it is to see a finished product, before the painting is finished. See my point?
I did this picture twice, and have not completed either. You can see how different they are going to look when they are finished.
The giraffe, iris and truck are all colored pencil classed I took with the decorative painters. Paula Leopald was our teacher.
This is a watercoloring class I took with the decorative painters. Charles Danford was our teacher.
This is a class I took at Judy Patti's studio. She was showing us how to paint in the style of Charles Reid.
This is one of the classes i took in Vegas. Terry Harrison was our teacher.
Not my favorite, but Judy was showing how to paint with acrylic medium on mat board. Maybe someday I will find a use for this technique.
If I ever send out Christmas cards, this is what they will look like.
Judy's Bag/shirt. I think it looks good at this stage. Let's hope Judy like the finished product.
Wet on wet technique. It looks unfinished to me. Maybe I could use this technique for the Christmas cards I never send.
Southwest vases. The first picture is finished, but it not in storage yet, because I have to get the colors on the second painting to match that of the first. Watercolor is done in stages, this is what the first painting looked like before I added additional layers.
Paul did not quite give up his hobby, so I am back. I have painted a bit after my last posting and I wanted to get those pictures posted before my trip to Vegas. I also found a useful application to all my art work.
What we have here is the start of a zinnia painting. I will try to post after I finish. I am kind afraid to finish, there are so many ways I can mess it up.
Next we have a bunch of grapes. I did not like the shading on some of them so I used some white gesso to ease and I plan on going back and trying again. I like the colors, who would have thought green purple would turn out so well.
The last couple of paintings are trees on Masa paper. I thought the first painting was to light. So, I did it over.
It is amazing how different they are.
My Kindle Fire has been disconnecting me for my wifi a lot lately. So, I decided to upgrade to a tablet. I ended up buying a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 last week. This week the tablet is already $30 cheaper than what I paid (Drats).
Anyway, I was looking for case for my new toy and I found I web site that would let you upload any picture and use it for a tablet case, turns out it was only for the back. The resolution is only 3MP, but still it is not a bad picture. I love the idea of having useful application for my paintings.
It is good that I order another case, and the one case actually fits into the other case. I am okay with it only being for the back because I can use the one case for hard core use, and the smaller case for browsing.
It turns out is was not my Kindle's fault. Seems I need to upgrade my router because right now I don't have a router, because for some reason Paul dis connected the router and now he does not know where it is. This weekend Sheila and I have plans to visit the Micro Center.
I told Paul if he gave his 'hobby' I would give up mine. He gave up his on Oct 15th. So, it appears I will not be crafting for a while. These are the project I completed before I decided to take him seriously.
The 1st is color pencil workshop held Oct 19th. I wanted to learn how to make crystal look like crystal.
The second picture are samples of what the Rocky Mtn Hi chapter did at our in our Oct meeting (Oct 21th). Only one of these masks is mine. See if you can guess which one. There were about 20 mask done, but not everyone was willing to share. These are not the best or the worst. These are the ones I was able to photograph.
The last picture is the Shrinky Dink I did with the group on (Oct 22). We crafted a bunch of (abt 50)Shrinky Dink sheets into tree ornament with a wilderness theme. Elissa donated a tree, I donated red bulbs and Maryiln is working on adding glittered pine cones that Sheila donated. We plan on giving it to the folks at Gander Mountain on the 18th of November. I hope to get a picture of everyone else's ornament at that time. Some of them are so clever.
I still can't get the Shrinky Dink to work properly. This one was all curled up and touching it's self in several places, I threw it away. Linda pulled it out of the trash and 'fixed' it. Shrinky Dink is the most frustrating material EVER.
I did not go cold turkey the minute Paul denounced his hobby. The third week of October appears to be my last hurrah.It is probably just as well, I don't see a lot of improvement and it was pretty expensive. Still, it was fun while it lasted. Drats! Now what am I going to blog about?
I love this time of year. I am so happy that the hot air of summer is almost finished. It seems when the tempature drops I have more energy. I have been so busy. Of course, it helps that we have another craft day planned for the 7th and I have been busy trying to think of fun and exciting things to keep my guests occupied. I hope they like what I have planned.
Multi Purpose coasters
Batiked Christmas card.
Still to be announce shrinky dink ornament.
We will not be doing this project, but this is my lastest watercoloring project. It is painted on textured gessoed yupo paper. I kinda of like it. Maybe I am finally developing a style.
The Chapter had a batik workshop at Judy Patti's Studio in August. Here are my paintings. If we have a family workshop at my house in October, we can either make place mats or a batik painting. Think about it.