Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanksliving

First of all, I want to thank the Stevens family for having me over on Christmas Eve.
We enjoyed a lovely meal, played a rowdy game of Farkle, read the Christmas story, sang a couple of carols...
watched the Christmas story on TV (rather than playing it out like we use to) and when I left at 9:30, the Stevens family had started watching a Muppet Movie. Did I mention they had spent the day snowboarding at Echo Lake?
The next day Paul and I got up late, enjoyed a hardy breakfast and then open present while we watched the Yule Log on TV, complete with Christmas carols.
Later we enjoy a meal of filet migon, mashed potatoes and a spinach salad. We also had a slice of pumpkin pie and ice cream for desert. Paul fixed dinner, while I went down to my 'studio' and worked on a couple of new, not yet completed projects. It was a prefect, stress free holiday.
Thank you, Joan for the lovely set of paints, now I can enjoy my two favorite activities (painting and bathing) together.
And thank you, Mom, for the lovely plant. It's nice to have something to remind us how much we loved and cared for Ed.

2 comments:

  1. That's soooo funny -- we played the "Yule Log" on Netflix over and over too. Except we played it without the music, cause we were making our own? It was so nice to pretend we had a nice cozy fireplace this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a picture perfect day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete