Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bookie in the Making


Of course, I have managed to read a couple of books this week. The first was, "True Blood." by David Baldacci. I got it Costco, so I thought it couldn't be too bad. But frankly, I did not like it. There were to many lose ends, and it was a bit contrived. The second is "The Lacuna" by Barbara Kingsolver. I say 'is' because I am only on page 133. But so far I like it, but NPR did not give it a very good review. It maybe not be the authors best, but then that is not a fair rating against her best, when it is still better than the less gifted.

3 comments:

  1. I like Barbara Kingsolver, but I have to admit that I read two of her books, and I didn't finish either one because they became to ponderous and heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They kept going after the ending had passed, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way she writes, but her philosophy is way to liberal for me. Where does personal responsiblity play into the equation? I think my fav is the Poisonwood Bible. Because at least there were consequences for bad choices.

    ReplyDelete