Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Snifing Glue, but not Inhaling

Right now we are building collages out of torn pieces of paper in my watercolor class. I thought it would be a lot like decoupaging, and maybe it is, but it had been a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. Did you know there is a National Society of Collage Painters and the have a chapter in Colorado. If the decorative painters can have a society, why not have one of Collage painters?

Anyway, here is my 1st attempt. Note how muddy it is. I learned it is best not to use to many diferent patterns.




Here is my second. Much cleaner. It is not finished. I still have to finish the duck face and the duck reflection.


Here is my third. I took one of the eagles from last month (eagle #4) and just started layering torn paper.  I should have done more planning.


 Besides working with glue, I have also been working on these darn lions since July.


This is a painting done by Judy Patti, my watercolor teacher. I plan on using it and the pictures Judy sent me of the poor farm for inspiration for what will hopefully be my masterpiece rendering of the painting I have been planning to for Mom for the last couple of years.


1 comment:

  1. I love the paper art. My favorite is the blue jay. I think you concept for the poor farm is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete