Monday, April 26, 2010

I can not believe the weekend is over. I met some friends (okay the only friends I have left in area) for breakfast on Saturday and did not get home until 2:00 PM because we went shopping after breakfast. It was noted by the group that everyone but me drove a SUV. I would like a SUV because it is so much easier to get in and out of, but I really don't want to give up my Lexus because it is such comfortable ride. Anyway, it was fun seeing everyone again, but it really put a dent in my weekend. Yesterday I ended up at Barnes and Noble. What can I say? I am like a moth drawn to a flame. I went in looking for Edward Rutherford's new book about New York City and ended up reading the autobiography of Gretchen Wilson, who is a Country Western singer. She more or told little antidotes and then tied them together chronologically. It wasn't bad and it made me feel I was capable of the same feat. Write down the antidotes, edit and then tie the story together. I have a new purpose. I think writing an autobiography would be a great way to release pent-up emotional energy, I believe the correct word is cathartic.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you are a great writer and should totally write a book like that. I would enjoy reading it. Your weekend sounded heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you have to have a vice, reading is a pretty good one! I'm enjoying the history of the US I picked up at your house. I'm also learning a little about my home state, Maryland.

    ReplyDelete